Courses List Page
The Courses List page is a filterable list of courses imported from ExploreCourses. The page is dynamically generated from imported course content, and is not meant to be used for entering content manually. The filter allows site visitors to filter events by Course Types, which you can define.
The Courses List pages can be found by visiting
[your site url]/courses.
If you do not wish to use this page, you may unpublish it.
How the Courses List page works
You can see an example Courses List page on this site. The Courses List page has the following features:
- The Courses List page will automatically show a teaser for all courses you have imported from ExploreCourses.
- The teaser will lead users directly to the course listing in ExploreCourses.
- The first level of Courses Type taxonomy will be used as the filters in the sidebar.
- The order of the filters is controlled by the Course Types taxonomy order.
- Courses are sorted by alphabetically.
- A load more button will display for results over 20 results
- The page is a Basic Page. If you wish to add other Paragraphs to the page, you may. You may also change the page title.
- You may change the page path. However, you may wish to leave it in place so that it is consistent with your filtered pages.
- You may place it in the navigation as you would any other Basic Page.
How the filtered display works
Each filter creates a new automated page that shows only the content that meets the filter criteria. These pages have the following features:
- These pages always have the URL of
/courses/[term-name]. You can use these to link your site visitors directly to a filtered view.
- The page titles are not editable.
- These pages are not placed in the navigation using the standard method. If you wish to have them in your menu, you would need to add them as a custom item.
- If you wish to have text at the beginning of the page, you can add it in the Description field on the Course Types taxonomy. It is not possible to add other paragraphs to these pages.
If you do not want a filter on your Courses page
If you do not wish to use the filtered view. You can simply unpublish the page. We recommend you do not delete the page in the event you wish to use it later.
If you wish to use the URL
/courses, but do not wish to use the filter, there are a few extra steps to follow:
- Edit the URL alias on the Events List page so that it is not automatically generated. You can call it something like
/courses-old. Save the page.
- Edit the URL redirects to remove the automatic
/coursesredirect that is created.
- Unpublish the Courses List page.
You can then create a new page and use the title Courses. If you still wish the page to automatically show a list of your courses, you can use the Lists Paragraph.