Add a Page to the Menu
This guide covers adding a page to the site's menu, also called the "main navigation." This is an option for Basic Page, Event Series, Person, and Policy content types.
For other ways to add pages to navigation, see the guide on Main Navigation.
Add a page to the menu
- Go to the page you would like to add to your navigation.
- Click Edit.
- Locate the tab called Menu Settings. For most content types, this should appear near the bottom of the page.
- Check the checkbox next to Provide a menu link.
- The Menu link title auto-populates to the current Page Title. If you would prefer to have a shorter title for the menu item, you can update the name within the text box.
Be sure to add a Description that will display when users hover over the menu link; this is a requirement for accessibility best practices.
- If you want the item to appear along the top of your site header, make sure the Parent item dropdown is set to <Main Navigation>. If not, follow the steps outlined below.
- You can drag the menu item into your preferred order by using the drag icon:
- Once you are happy with the link placement in the menu hierarchy, save the page.
Add a page under an existing menu item
If you wish to have your page appear in a sidebar or drop-down menu, and not the main navigation, follow these steps.
- Follow steps 1-5 listed above.
- From the Parent item dropdown, select the page under which your new page should be nested.
- Drag the menu item to your preferred placement by using the plus sign:
4. Once you are happy with the link placement in the menu hierarchy, save the page.
I tried to add a menu to my home page but it is not working
A sub menu cannot be added to a home page. If you want to make a new page with a sub menu, you can create a Basic Page as the landing page and add another basic page to that sub menu.